8 arrested; drugs, guns and cash seized in year-long drug roundup
Eight people are now in custody at the York County Detention Center after a drug raid Tuesday morning in the Oakridge community.
Federal, state and local authorities executed the raid, yielding in 34 total charges, the seizure of seven guns, $3,692 in cash and thousands of dollars in crack cocaine.
“These gentlemen were together in an enterprise, so to speak,” said Lt. Mike Ligon of the York County Multijurisdictional Drug Enforcement Unit. “This area is, what they considered to be, impenetrable by law enforcement.”
In the surprise raid, agents arrested eight people and searched three homes in the Oak Ridge neighborhood in Clover.
Authorities used SWAT teams and flashbang devices to distract the suspects, who they described as particularly dangerous.
“During every drug transaction that went on there, the people either had guns on them, or guns were in the residence laying out in plain view,” said Ligon.
Investigators said they were still searching for other unidentified suspects that were part of the wide-ranging network and had issued 34 different warrants.
Among those arrested
- Charles Bigger – Possession of Methamphetamine/Cocaine, Possession of a stolen pistol.
- Michael Bigger – Gen. Sessions Bench warrant-failure to appear.
- Jordan Carothers – Outstanding warrants for DUI, Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Travis Lowery – Trafficking Crack Cocaine, Possession with Intent to Distribute Crack Cocaine within proximity to a park or school, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of a Weapon during a violent crime.
- Robert Lowery – Possession of Crack Cocaine, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Stolen Goods.
- Jean Lowery – Possession of controlled substance, Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Marijuana.
- Della Sanders – Possession of Crack Cocaine, Possession of Marijuana, Possession/Receiving of Stolen goods
- Jarrod Sanders – Trafficking and Distribution of Marijuana and Cocaine, Possession of stolen pistol
WSOC-TV contributed to this report.