Roddey: Parks and Recreation department needed to support Clover complex

Posted October 21, 2013 1:34 pm | Filed under Featured, Local News

Should the town of Clover be able to use hospitality tax revenue to build a major recreational complex? A York County Council committee will have to decide the answer to that question.

County Councilman Bump Roddey chairs that committee.

Roddey says York County may need its own parks department so facilities like the one planned for Clover can be run and maintained and events can be scheduled.

He says that’s what the City of Rock Hill does for its sports venues.

Roddey says he wants to do the right thing in Clover.

For more on Roddey’s ideas, click here.